Meaty Salsa Dip
White corn adds sweetness and salsa brings a little zip to this hearty meat-and-bean blends. "The recipe became an instant family favorite after my daughter served it at a birthday party," confirms Bobbe Hart of Holyoke, Massachusetts. "I's a snap to make, and guests gobble it up just as fast."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen white corn, thawed
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa
- Tortilla chips
- In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a serving bowl, combine the turkey, beans, corn and salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 118 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Meaty Salsa Dip in Light & Tasty October/November 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.