Meaty Rigatoni Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 8 slices pepperoni
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 414 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1385mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Feb 29, 2016
This was so simple. I was a bit skeptical of all the meat (especially the pepperoni) but it really was delicious. My kids and my husband liked it. Definetely a keeper. It reheated great and tasted even better the next day.
Feb 8, 2016
Very tasty! Following lolohiser's suggestion, we left out the pepperoni. It wasn't needed. So good!!!
Jan 7, 2014
Simple and delicious. Would leave out the pepperoni - almost tastes like pizza but without the crust.
Jan 28, 2013
Making this tonight. Looking forward to serving it!!
Jan 19, 2011
Simple, delicious recipe for a new to cooking couple. I used an extra 1/2 cup of uncooked rigatoni, and was very pleased with the result. Seemed it would have been very very sausage, sauce and pepperoni heavy. Can't wait to make it again!!
Nov 17, 2010
Family favorite we eat it all the time.
Jan 17, 2010
Very good, however a bit salty.
Dec 27, 2009
This dish is very good. I used Hunt's Zesty and Spicy Spaghetti Sauce.
Dec 18, 2009
Very very yummy!!
Oct 20, 2009
We really liked this recipe. I added more cheese on top. Tasty !
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.