- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, V8 juice, tomato paste and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMeaty Mushroom Chili
"My kids and I love mushrooms so this chili hits the spot!!!"
"My mom hates chili and she devoured this one!"
"this is my sons favorite chili one likes the beans added and the other wants no beans so I ask who is coming over and make it to suit the one who is coming lol but the best recipe try it over mashed potatoes even better and a complete meal."
"love it I fix it all the time except add beans too."
"uses v-8 juice"