Meaty Macaroni Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Add onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, macaroni, water, salt and pepper.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 338 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Meaty Macaroni
"Trust me, it's right. The added water cooks the macaroni."
"Add the macaroni uncooked? Doesn't sound right."