This recipe is always fast to make, and the kids certainly enjoy it. I sometimes use my homemade canned spaghetti sauce.—Carolyn Rausch, St. Lucas, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Add onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, macaroni, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.