This recipe is always fast to make, and the kids certainly enjoy it. I sometimes use my homemade canned spaghetti sauce.—Carolyn Rausch, St. Lucas, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Add onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, macaroni, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 338 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Meaty Macaroni in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.