- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (15 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Crumble beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Add onion and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, macaroni, water, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 14 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMeaty Macaroni
"Trust me, it's right. The added water cooks the macaroni."
"Add the macaroni uncooked? Doesn't sound right."