Meaty Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomato
- 1. Set aside cheese sauce mix from macaroni and cheese; cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, corn, olives and pimientos; cook until heated through.
- 3. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture with contents of cheese sauce mix. Cook and stir until blended and heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Editor's Note: The milk and butter listed on the macaroni and cheese package are not used in this recipe.
1 each: 291 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Meaty Mac 'n' Cheese
"Absolutely delicious, we added some Jalapenos instead of Mushrooms and left out the olives, it was easy to make and lived up to ALL the hype."
"Whoa this is so good! We didn't bother topping it with cheese & tomato...it doesn't need it! We also omitted the olives.~ Theresa"
"We have made this many times and just love. It is so simple to make that we often make it when we are camping."
"You'd never know that this started with a box of mac and cheese! Super good!"