- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix*
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 tablespoons diced pimientos
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped tomato
- Set aside cheese sauce mix from macaroni and cheese; cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, corn, olives and pimientos; heat through. Drain macaroni; add to beef mixture with contents of cheese sauce mix. Mix well; heat through. Garnish with cheese and tomato. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forMeaty Mac 'n' Cheese
"Absolutely delicious, we added some Jalapenos instead of Mushrooms and left out the olives, it was easy to make and lived up to ALL the hype."
"Whoa this is so good! We didn't bother topping it with cheese & tomato...it doesn't need it! We also omitted the olives.~ Theresa"
"We have made this many times and just love. It is so simple to make that we often make it when we are camping."
"You'd never know that this started with a box of mac and cheese! Super good!"