- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped*
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onion, peppers, chili powder and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste and olives; simmer until heated through.
- Drain noodles. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles and cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMeaty Chili Lasagna
"Really good recipe. I substituted medium salsa for the tomato sauce to give it a little more kick. Although we love cheese, we reduced the amount to about 3 cups. Finally, the no-boil lasagna noodles work just fine in this recipe as long as the entire surface of the noodles is covered by sauce."
"This is ridiculously delicious....also pretty rich, but I find it impossible to leave it alone when I make it. I did cut down on the cheese once, from 4 c. to 3 c. to try and reduce the calories a bit, but all that cheese on it is soooo good. This is one of my most cherished recipes, and anyone I've ever served it to loves it."