Meaty Chili Dip
A meaty dish like this is a must for the men in my family. They scrape the serving bowl clean! For the best dipping use large corn chips. —Karen Kiel, Camdenton, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- Corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, tomato paste, cream cheese and chili seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish to keep warm. Serve with corn chips.
Dec 18, 2007
I had a small amount of chili left tonight, not enough for two servings. Tomorrow, I'll add a small amount of cream cheese, serve it over lettuce, and call it taco salad with corn chips. Thanks for this recipe.