Meatless Chili Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) vegetarian chili with beans
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the chili, salsa and corn. Add pasta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 290 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 11g protein.
Jan 3, 2016
I substituted the vegetarian chili with Stagg Chili (2 cans) and omitted the jar of chunky salsa. I also used frozen corn instead of canned. Adding extra cheese made this dish a real hit with my teenage son and his friends! In a pinch, when short on time, I use KD (Kraft Dinner) instead of the spiral pasta.
Sep 22, 2014
I made the recipe exactly as written. My husband and I didn't care for this.
Apr 1, 2013
My husband is a meat and potatoes man and is very picky about anything else. I was challenged to make him more meatless meals. He loved this. He's already talking about how I should make it again. I think next time I will stir some of the cheese in besides just putting it on top. But we will definitely be making this again and again.
Dec 13, 2012
I added more cheese to this and mixed it in along with putting it on top. A good meatless recipe - everyone enjoyed it a lot.
Feb 25, 2012
It was a bit spicy so I just added sour cream on top to tone it down a bit. My family enjoyed it!
Apr 13, 2010
I have a lot of friends who are vegetarian and I made this recipe for some of them one night and it was a huge hit! They all wanted the recipe and were impressed it was so simple. My very non-vegetarian husband also thought it was great. I used frozen corn kernels instead of canned and it was fantastic!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.