- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hot chili beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Top each serving with sour cream and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMeatless Chili
"I love, love that this is such a simple, and fast recipe! It's literally on the table within 30 minutes. It's also delicious! I agree...you do not miss the meat! I did not have the Mexican Stewed Tomatoes, but I did have Italian stewed tomatoes on hand - they were just fine. I did use 2 cans to get a little more juice in my chili. Oddly enough, I had a can of Mexican style corn! So it all worked out! This is a recipe that doesn't suffer with bean, or vegetable substitutions. So, when your stock is running low - you can improvise!"
"This recipe is great for vegetarians! I had to add just a little water to make it souper for me."
"This is so good you won't miss the meat! I make a double-batch of this about once a month and freeze 1/2 of it in single servings. Wonderful!"
"Love this! easy to make. This is a keeper."