- 2 frozen Texas-size white dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red pepper, fresh mushrooms and broccoli
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Italian salad dressing
- Let rolls rise until doubled, following package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the red pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the cheeses and parsley; stir into vegetables.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dinner roll into a 7-in. circle; brush with salad dressing. Spoon vegetable mixture onto half of each circle; spread to within 1 in. of edges. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMeatless Calzones
"I made these and really wish I used the rolls instead of making dough from scratch. I found a dough recipe from a different site, and it wasn't that great. However, the filling for these calzones was simple to make. The only thing I would change in the directions is to add the vegetables to the cheese mixture. I added the cheese mixture to the vegetables, still in the hot pan, and the cheese melted too much. The combination of vegetables and cheeses was really good!"
"These are so good. My entire family, including a 2 year old and a 3 1/2 year old, loves them!"
"I really enjoy veggie meals and Hubby likes meat meals. Gonna try this one for sure. Thank you for these wonderful recipes."