Meatless Black Bean Enchiladas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the refried beans, black beans and 3/4 cup picante sauce; heat through.
- Spoon 1/4 cupful down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place, seam side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine tomatoes and remaining picante sauce; spoon over enchiladas.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Place 1/2 cup lettuce on each plate and top with two enchiladas. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 434 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 1303mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 8g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 19, 2015
Good and simple. Did not have an onion so that was omitted but not really missed.
Jul 2, 2014
Very good. Very simple. You will not miss the meat. I put some sliced black olives on top cause I just happened to have some.
May 3, 2014
Absolutely delicious and low fat too! It doesn't get much better than that! The only change I made was adding a diced jalapeño to the filling and that's just because our family likes it spicy! Wonderful recipe!
Mar 30, 2011
It looks good but it is clearly a BURRITO.