- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 ounces ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and pork over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-3/4-in. balls. Place in an ungreased baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, water, parsley, sugar, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to the sauce; simmer 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMeatballs with Spaghetti Sauce
"I used diced tomatoes instead of whole. It wasn't bad, but a little too acidic for me, with all those canned tomato products."
"Sauce was good. Did not use meatball recipe. Did not use whole tomatoes"
"I just made the sauce, it is delicious. It gets better the next day. The only thing I did different was put it thru the food processor. What is the calorie count just for the sauce??"
"Awesome recipe. Decided not to use ground pork. You end up with alot of sauce. SSOOOO GOOD!"