We added 2 tablespoons of Ready Mix Gravy to this saucy recipe from Krista Frank of Rhododendron, Oregon. "You can top the meatballs with the gravy or use the gravy as a dipping sauce," suggests Krista.
Recommended: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free beef gravy
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles, cooked and drained
- in a bowl, combine the oats, onion, carrot, garlic, egg substitute, ketchup, mustard, pepper and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 16 1-1/2 in. balls.
- Place 1 in. apart on baking sheets lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels if needed.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine gravy and mushrooms; heat through.
- Place meatballs on noodles and top with gravy. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p26