Meatballs Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add meatballs, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in batches. Drain; return to the pan. Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Meatballs Stroganoff
"This is a fast, easy and tasty way to get dinner on the table. The only thing I did differently is I baked the meatballs at 350 for 20 minutes. Then I combined the soup, water and sour cream in a skillet and added the meatballs and cooked them for about 15 minutes. I'm not a big fan of frying meatballs - too much work and mess."
"About 40 years ago, a friend's Mother invited me to stay for dinner. This is what she served. I went home that night and told my Mother "You have to call her and get that recipe!" My Mother still makes it - and so do I - all the time!"
"This is a fantastic, easy to prepare recipe. I added more fresh mushrooms and sauteed them after browning the meatballs. Then finished the recipe as written."
"Delicious! I added some sauted fresh mushrooms to the sauce, but other than that, I didn't change a thing. It's a keeper."
"OMG, this is so good, and extremely easy to make. I made it last night for the family and everyone loved the taste of the meatballs and the sauce was excellent addition. The next day I saved the meatballs and sauce and made meatball subs for everyone. A definite HIT!! This is definitely another favorite meal added to our dining selections!!"