- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Lemon-pepper seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine broccoli, potatoes, carrots and onion. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sausage. Shape beef into 1-in. balls; arrange over top. Pour broth over casserole; sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning. Bake, uncovered, until meatballs are no longer pink, about 40 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMeatballs Sausage Dinner
"I didn't have ground beef, so instead I used beef stew meat cut into bite size pieces. This meal was fantastic! It was easy preparation, baked itself, and all we had to do was dish it out and eat it! It was a HUGE hit. In fact, my husband went back for thirds! Needless to say there wasn't much in the way of leftovers!"
"I don't think the meatballs are worth adding because of how dry they got. I leave those off now and we love it."
"This was simple, but good. My only complaint is that the meatballs were done long before the veggies. I left it in the oven for an hour and a half and the carrots were still pretty crunchy. Next time I will skip the oven and let it simmer in a pot on the stove top. I also did not include the lemon pepper - instead I used a beef seasoning and it turned out alright."
"My picky eaters didn't go for this recipe. But I put the leftovers (3 days later) in a pie crust and made a potpie, baked at 425 for 30 minutes and it was delicious!!!"
"Fantastic! Very tasty and healthy!"
"i used a pound of ground sirloin for the meat balls but other than that... YUMMMMMM"