Meatballs Monte Carlo
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 4 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown meatballs; drain. Combine the spaghetti sauce mix, tomato juice and water; pour over the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles and olives. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 350 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1076mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Jun 11, 2013
I have made this recipe more times that I can count. My family loves it, and I do too! To make it even easier, I use my favorite store-bought meatballs instead of making them like the recipe suggests. It still comes out delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.