Meatballs in Apple Butter
"The apple butter and maple syrup give these simple sausage balls a delicious zing," says Joan Reesman, Franklin, Tennessee.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating
- 1/4 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Roll sausage into 1-in. balls. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Combine apple butter and syrup; pour over meatballs. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, transfer meatballs and sauce to a microwave-safe serving dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 171 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Meatballs in Apple Butter in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.