Meatballs in Apple Butter
"The apple butter and maple syrup give these simple sausage balls a delicious zing," says Joan Reesman, Franklin, Tennessee.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Roll sausage into 1-in. balls. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe serving dish. In a small bowl, combine apple butter and syrup; pour over meatballs. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 1 minute or until heated through.