Meatballs in Apple Butter
"The apple butter and maple syrup give these simple sausage balls a delicious zing," says Joan Reesman, Franklin, Tennessee.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Roll sausage into 1-in. balls. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe serving dish. In a small bowl, combine apple butter and syrup; pour over meatballs. Stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Microwave, covered, on high for 1 minute or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 44 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Meatballs in Apple Butter in Cooking for 2 Premiere 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.