Meatballs and Beans Recipe
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Combine bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a skillet, cook meatballs and onion until meatballs are browned; drain. Add beans, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 254 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Meatballs and Beans
"This is the first meal I made as a new bride and it's wonderful. easy to make and delicious."
"I am going to try this tomorrow with frozen meat balls, I hope it works as I have them freezer and would like to use them."