Meatball Vegetable Soup
My daughter shared this favorite recipe with me. The meatballs make it different from usual vegetable soup recipes.—Phyllis Miller, Hunta, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes6 servings (6 cups)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup small bread cubes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked small shell macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, mix beef, egg, bread cubes, 1/4 cup onion and salt. Shape into 36 meatballs. Heat oil in a kettle or Dutch oven; brown meatballs with remaining onion. Add broth, soup, macaroni, peas and thyme; heat through, stirring often.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 301 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Meatball Vegetable Soup in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.