Meatball Tortellini Soup
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen cheese tortellini (about 20)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the spinach, tomatoes and corn; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the tortellini, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
1 cup: 278 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1138mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Dec 6, 2014
This soup is so easy to put together and very tasty. I didn't have spinach so I chopped up some onion and added some thinly sliced carrots which cooked while the meatballs cooked. We both loved it! Thanks for posting!
Nov 12, 2014
We loved this soup! It is easy to prepare, had all the ingredients on hand, very very tasty. Only problem is that it went too fast. I am going to double or even triple it next time.
Jun 1, 2013
Pleasantly impressed! Can't wait to make it again.
Oct 8, 2012
wE LOVE THIS STUFF
Feb 17, 2012
Looks good, but I felt like it lacked flavor or a flavor that I like anyways. I added garlic and more salt. The garlic really helped.
Apr 25, 2011
super good and delicious... made my own meatballs and used fresh corn kernels. turned out good!
Mar 23, 2011
Very hearty soup-I have made it twice-very good!
Jan 30, 2011
I've made this several times because it's really easy and really good! Not sure why it's called soup because there's very little broth - of course I use frozen tortellini and meatballs and add extra of both. And another bonus of this yummy soup...one pot cooking (less mess)!