In Roswell, New Mexico, it takes Alpha Wilson mere minutes to fix this comforting combination that's delicious over noodles or rice. A little sour cream adds richness to the flavorful from-scratch sauce that deliciously dresses up frozen meatballs.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add the milk and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the meatballs and sour cream. Heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Originally published as Meatball Stroganoff in Quick Cooking January/February 2003
Aug 23, 2016
Very good. I made my own meat balls and used wild mushrooms. I added a little symbol. I would make this again. A net. VFE
Jan 28, 2010
Very good and very easy. Great for a quick to make dinner.