Meatball Stroganoff with Noodles
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center. Beat egg yolks, egg and water; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide into thirds; roll out each as thin as possible. Let stand for 20 minutes or until partially dried. Cut into 1/4-in. strips, then into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the egg, ketchup, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and paprika; heat through. Add meatballs; cover and cook until heated through, stirring frequently.
- In another saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil; add noodles. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until noodles are tender; drain. Toss with butter and parsley. Serve with meatballs.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 504 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 1533mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 21, 2013
Made this for the family and the LOVED IT!!! It's requested a lot for special events and birthday! We make it quite often. Thanks!!
May 15, 2011
I made this recipe and will make it again. I would not use a full two cans of mushroom soup. I would use beef consomme instead in addition to one can of mushroom soup. But great easy to make recipe. I added worcheshire sauce to the meatballs. Thank you for the recipe.