Meatball Rigatoni Alfredo Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons each minced fresh thyme, oregano and basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons each dried thyme, oregano and basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- ALFREDO TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, water, cheese and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in oil in batches; remove and keep warm.
- 2. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In drippings, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- 3. Return meatballs to pan; stir in tomatoes and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°. Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- 5. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Drain rigatoni; place in a large bowl. Add meatballs and sauce; stir to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 7. Top with Alfredo sauce; sprinkle with thyme, oregano and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 849 calories, 41g fat (20g saturated fat), 196mg cholesterol, 1027mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 47g protein.
Reviews for Meatball Rigatoni Alfredo
"I use alfredo sauce from jar rather than making own."