- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix and salt. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 20-24 meatballs.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and remaining spaghetti sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the bread. Cut a thin slice off the top; hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 3/8-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spoon meatballs and sauce into bread shell; replace top. Slice, serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMeatball Party Sub
"So delicious!! We'll be making it again, especially since my younger son actually ate it---and had seconds!! Amazing for a boy who claims to "hate" meatballs and spaghetti sauce. This was a definite hit for us!"