Meatball Noodle Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add meatballs. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add noodles; cook 15 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink and the noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 23, 2014
I used frozen Italian meatballs, the salt, pepper, and parsley. This soup was delish.
Dec 28, 2013
This would make a better chicken soup. The meatballs are tasteless boiled hamburger. Dropping the raw meat into the broth causes a terrible odder. The meatballs need more seasoning & browned until almost done before dropping them into the broth, then it might be a good soup. Sorry!
Oct 7, 2013
This recipe is delicious plus it's quick and easy to prepare because there's no chopping. Great for weeknights or lunch. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.