Chicken noodles soup is a sure-to-please standby in every kitchen. This version, which includes meatballs, is a newfound favorite at our house. - Debbie Guntz, Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add meatballs. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add noodles; cook 15 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink and the noodles are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Noodle Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p158
Reviews forMeatball Noodle Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2014
"I used frozen Italian meatballs, the salt, pepper, and parsley. This soup was delish."
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2013