Meatball Hoagies with Seasoned Fries
Try this fresh take on a classic combo, and you’ll never stop by a delicatessen again! Apricot preserves and bacon give the sandwich a twist, and celery salt adds a nice surprise to the fries. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups frozen steak fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, warmed
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Place steak fries in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to coat. Bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place meatballs, barbecue sauce and preserves in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Layer bun bottoms with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, meatball mixture and cheese; replace tops. Serve with fries.
Nutrition Facts1 hoagie with 1 cup fries: 1097 calories, 47g fat (20g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 3529mg sodium, 133g carbohydrate (61g sugars, 7g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Delux Meatball Hoagies in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013