Meatball Hash Brown Bake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1. In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Stir in cracker crumbs, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a covered skillet over low heat, cook meatballs in a small amount of water until browned; drain. In a bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, onion and remaining salt and pepper. With paper towels, pat hash browns dry. Stir into the soup mixture.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange meatballs over top, pressing lightly into mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 419 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Meatball Hash Brown Bake
"Made this last night, it was great. The family loved it. It was simple and easy. I did however use frozen meatballs to make it even easier. I was pressed for time. It was still great. Thanks for sharing!"
"My family loved this no leftovers. Like cheesy potatoes with the addition of meatballs."
"I took a pkg. of ground beef out of the freezer this AM and immediately came to the computer to go online with TOH for "HELP". I don't think I could pay my grand kids to eat another bite of spaghetti and a meatloaf just didn't provide the bells and whistles I was looking for. TOH and their miracle workers who provide us with great recipes have never failed me. This is on tonights menu and is safely saved in my recipe box. Thanks TOH and especially JoAnn for sharing!"