- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and patted dry
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (20-25 crackers)
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix first four ingredients, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir in potatoes. Spread evenly in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cracker crumbs, garlic and the remaining pepper and salt. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In large skillet, brown meatballs over medium-high heat. Place over potato mixture, pressing in lightly.
- Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until meatballs are cooked through and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMeatball Hash Brown Bake
"Awesomely easy, awesomely good!!"
"Made this last night, it was great. The family loved it. It was simple and easy. I did however use frozen meatballs to make it even easier. I was pressed for time. It was still great. Thanks for sharing!"
"My family loved this no leftovers. Like cheesy potatoes with the addition of meatballs."
"I took a pkg. of ground beef out of the freezer this AM and immediately came to the computer to go online with TOH for "HELP". I don't think I could pay my grand kids to eat another bite of spaghetti and a meatloaf just didn't provide the bells and whistles I was looking for. TOH and their miracle workers who provide us with great recipes have never failed me. This is on tonights menu and is safely saved in my recipe box. Thanks TOH and especially JoAnn for sharing!"