Meatball and Sausage Bites
The Country/Victorian wedding Jim and I planned included a ceremony in front of a hitching post Jim made and two special hula dances (I belong to a Hawaiian dance troupe). A good friend, Linda Allen, prepared this meaty snack, with was a hit.
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packages (1 pound each) miniature smoked sausages
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 bottles (20 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. With a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to two shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Add sausages, pineapple and olives to each; toss gently to mix.
- 3. Combine brown sugar and barbecue sauce; pour half over each casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
3 each: 141 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 414mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC