"Our young daughter loves to help in the kitchen," shares Denise Albers of Freeburg, Illinois. "This pizza-shaped meat loaf is so easy to make that she can do several steps by herself."
Recommended: Top 10 Pecan Pies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup plain or seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, combine milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt; add beef.
- Stir with a fork just until mixed. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine the ketchup and sugar; spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with mushrooms. Arrange cheese in a lattice pattern on top. Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and the cheese is lightly browned. Drain. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meat-Za Pie in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p40
Reviews forMeat-Za Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review