- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, carrots, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until bubbly. Serve over spaghetti. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forMeat Sauce for Spaghetti
"This was good, but I probably wont make again. To be fair, my kids strongly prefer meatballs, so they are tough critics. My husband and liked this, but prefer TOH Three-Meat spaghetti sauce recipe. I liked the slow cooker convenience and that it made enough for at least two meals for our family of four. It reheats well and is a solid recipe, despite not being our top sauce."
"Very good... My family loved it and very convenient to have ready after a long day of work. Will definitely make again."
"Very good...the family loved it. I added a tad more sugar to cut the tomato acid, but that's it and that was just to suite a couple sensitive tummies :)"
"Very good. No need to change this recipe. Will definetely make it again. The family loved it."
"This was my last attempt to make spaghetti sauce and I'm glad I tried this because this recipe is very good. So nice and thick and sticks to the spaghetti. Yes, it does make a lot but that's ok as we like the leftovers. I know we will be making this again and the only thing I would add would be some crushed red pepper for a little more hotness."
"The whole family asked for this one a second time. easy too."
"Delicious! Makes a lot, which is great because we love leftovers!~ Theresa"