Meat ‘n’ Veggie Pockets
“This recipe is quick, hearty, and you can omit any ingredients you don’t like and replace them with others,” says Danielle Binkley of Huber Heights, Ohio.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices process American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, onion, olives and salad dressing. Fill pita halves with the ham, turkey and cheese; top with cucumber mixture.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 479 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 2342mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Crunchy Garden Pockets in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008