Meat ‘n’ Cheese Stromboli
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 loaves (8 servings each)
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 loaves (16 ounces each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender; set aside.
- On two greased baking sheets, roll each loaf of dough into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Arrange the salami, ham and cheeses lengthwise over half of each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with onion mixture; sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 294 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 1, 2017
Since my family doesn't like salami, I subbed deli smoked turkey. I generally make 3 of these so I can freeze 2 of them. Family loves these. This is our Sunday night meal once a month . I will invite people over at many of these. My favorite cheeses are provolone and Gouda as both melt well.
Oct 24, 2016
A long-time favorite! This is my family's go-to Stromboli recipe. Friends love it too!
Sep 16, 2012
My family love this recipe. I sometimes add mushrooms. and black olives.
Jan 19, 2011
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! So easy to make. I 've made it for a lot of potlucks and it's always devoured and the recipe requested.
Jan 1, 2011
I have made this many times. It is so good, it makes great leftovers also. I always get great reviews when I make it for our football parties.
Jul 22, 2010
We love this, and it freezes well too!