Since we're ranchers, we always have a supply of beef on hand. This dish makes up individual servings that are easy to reheat when chores take one or more of us past our usual suppertime.—Judy Nelson, Padroni, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 miin.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper. Add beef and pork; mix well. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Pat meat portions lightly into 2-1/2-in. muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Carefully drain.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spoon topping over each meat muffin. Bake about 10 minutes more or until no pink remains. Let muffins stand a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 206 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Meat Muffins in Country Ground Beef