Meat Loaf with Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, oats, onion, salt, sage and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours; drain.
- 3. Spread ketchup over meat loaf. Bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 308 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Meat Loaf with Oatmeal
"I MADE THIS MEATLOAF THE OTHER EVENING, IT HELD TOGETHER NICELY, WHICH I FIND A PROBLEM WITH MANY RECIPES, THE FLAVOR WAS YUMMY, I USED SPICY KETCHUP WHICH I PROBABLY WON'T DO AGAIN, AS I FELT IT KINDA OVERPOWERED THE FLAVOR. I LOVE A GOOD MEATLOAF AND THIS IS A GOOD ONE"
"I put the catsup right in with the other ingredients and added another 1/4 cup of chopped onions and a 1/4 c. of chopped celery. Yes this tastes just like mom's meatloaf! Yummy!"
"YUMMY. I have made this before. This is my go to recipe. Delicious."
"I have not made this yet myself, but I've eaten it -- this is the meat loaf recipe that my mom served when I was a kid (50 years ago)! Thank you for posting it; I am looking forward to trying it out to see if it's as good as I remember."