- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 thin slices deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, halved and cut into chunks
- In a bowl, combine the egg and milk. Stir in the bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, onion, tarragon, thyme, garlic powder and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 9-1/2x6-1/2x1/2-in. rectangle. Top with ham and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange potatoes and carrots around meat loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn potatoes and carrots. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMeat Loaf Supper
"My sons liked this meatloaf. I used about 3 lbs of meat, but next time I would only increase the seasonings by 2-3 times. My potatoes and carrots were not done when the meat was, so next time I will cut them into small chunks. Frankly, I don't see how they can get done with the baking time given in the recipe. Maybe you'll have to parboil them first."