Meat Loaf Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 pound ground beef or bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Chop pulp; set pulp and shells aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add pulp, bread crumbs, milk and dill. Spoon into zucchini shells.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 586 calories, 26g fat (12g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1465mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Stuffed Zucchini
"I did increase the temp. to 375 for 45 to 50 min. and it turned out excellent. I would for sure make this again."
"325 is too low for this recipe. Mine hardly cooked at all after 30 minutes @ 325. next time use 400"