- 6 large green peppers
- 1 jar (27 to 32 ounces) spaghetti sauce or 3 cups leftover spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 cups cubed leftover meat loaf
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups leftover cooked rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Immerse in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a shallow baking dish; set aside. In a saucepan, combine meat loaf, rice, onion, chopped green pepper and remaining spaghetti sauce. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Stuff each pepper with meat loaf mixture; place on sauce in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the cheese and let stand until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMeat Loaf-Stuffed Peppers
"I make the best meatloaf ever, I've always wanted a way to use up the left overs.... this is it! It already has green peppers and onions in it, so now I'm going to use this recipe and put orzo in it, instead of rice. YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!! Thank-You"
"great idea! Sounds like a good way to cook 2 meals in one.Also great idea to use leftovers from both!!"
"This is the best idea ever. I love it. 5 stars!"