Dijon mustard provides the lively flavor in these hot sandwiches from Wendy Moylan of Chicago, Illinois. "Because the open-face sandwiches are so easy to prepare, you can have a hot meal ready in minutes," she shares.
Recommended: 19 Stromboli Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 4 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices cooked meat loaf, warmed
- In a small saucepan, heat the gravy. Toast bread if desired; spread with butter and mustard. Top with meat loaf slices. Serve with gravy. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p39