Meat Loaf Patty
WITH this recipe, we can have a hearty meat loaf dinner without leftovers. That delights both my husband and me. He never liked the creative ways I used up leftover meat loaf! -Dorothy Hunt, Waltham, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a large patty.
- Place in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 3 minutes. Serve with ketchup.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in an 1100-watt microwave. Meat loaf may also be baked at 350° for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 262 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Pattie in Reminisce July/August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.