Meat Loaf Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Additional ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix the first 5 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press about 1/3 cupful into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes. Brush tops with 3 tablespoons ketchup; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes. If desired, serve with additional ketchup.
- Freeze option: Bake meat loaves without ketchup; cover and freeze on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer meat loaves to an airtight freezer container; return to freezer. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place meat loaves on a greased shallow baking pan. Spread with ketchup. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 mini meat loaves: 260 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 24, 2019
These cuties really cut down on the bake time of a loaf! That's a win at my house!!
Oct 6, 2018
First off, I can't stand the thought of meatloaf. Something about it grosses me out; however, my husband loves meatloaf. I thought I'd give these a try since it came across less "meatloafy". They did not disappoint the family. My husband said he could have eaten the whole pan himself. Cooking them in the muffin tins was awesome as they were done so quickly. This will be my go-to recipe when the family want meatloaf.
Dec 3, 2017
Good baseline recipe. You can alter ingredients to your preferred taste and seasoning.Cook Time: Cook meat for 20-25 minutes then brush with topping returning to oven for 5-7 minutes. 15 minute cook time leaves meat unsafe.For topping I use a traditional mixture of brown sugar and ketchup.Tip: Do not cook this directly in a metal muffin tin... so hard to clean! Instead use silicone muffin cups!
Jul 17, 2017
Why are these recipes not print friendly
Mar 18, 2017
I have a meatloaf recipe I like MUCH better, however, I do like using a muffin pan as opposed to a bread pan.
Aug 12, 2014
very delicious and easy to make!!! I topped them with more bbq sauce instead of ketchup...they also took a little longer to bake than what the recipe says, but it may just be my oven....I also just shaped into balls and baked instead of using the muffin tin.
Jun 9, 2014
These were super easy to make, the worst part was cleaning the muffin tin! I used frozen diced onion and yellow pepper. I also didn't realize that I didn't have enough bread crumbs so I crushed up some saltiness to add to it. My fiance loves meatloaf and he approved this recipe!
Nov 12, 2013
Love this recipe! It is so fast and easy plus delicious! For Valentine's Day I shape the loaf heart shape to carry on a tradition I have had for 43 years with husband and he loves it too!
Apr 26, 2013
Loved this recipe. Can make it for hubby and me and freeze the leftovers for another few meals!! The grandkids loved this too!!
Oct 27, 2011
Loved these... simple & delicious. Used a peppercorn bbq sauce. Will definitely make again.