- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Additional ketchup, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Press about 1/3 cupfuls into each of 12 ungreased muffin cups.
Bake 15 minutes. Brush tops with 3 tablespoons ketchup; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-7 minutes. If desired, serve with additional ketchup.
- Freeze option: Bake meat loaves without ketchup; cover and freeze on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer meat loaves to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place meat loaves on a greased shallow baking pan. Spread with ketchup. Bake in a preheated 350° oven until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMeat Loaf Muffins
"Good baseline recipe. You can alter ingredients to your preferred taste and seasoning.Cook Time: Cook meat for 20-25 minutes then brush with topping returning to oven for 5-7 minutes. 15 minute cook time leaves meat unsafe.For topping I use a traditional mixture of brown sugar and ketchup.Tip: Do not cook this directly in a metal muffin tin... so hard to clean! Instead use silicone muffin cups!"
"Why are these recipes not print friendly"
"I have a meatloaf recipe I like MUCH better, however, I do like using a muffin pan as opposed to a bread pan."
"Love this recipe! It is so fast and easy plus delicious! For Valentine's Day I shape the loaf heart shape to carry on a tradition I have had for 43 years with husband and he loves it too!"
"Loved this recipe. Can make it for hubby and me and freeze the leftovers for another few meals!! The grandkids loved this too!!"
"Loved these... simple & delicious. Used a peppercorn bbq sauce. Will definitely make again."
"These are fun and delicious. Hubby loves these. I don't really care for meatloaf but I did eat quite a few of these. Theyn were good, for a meatloaf. I will make again."