- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut three 25x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist). Shape into a loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips.
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Spoon over meat loaf. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMeat Loaf From the Slow Cooker
"I'm planning to make this, but I wonder... I use crockpot Liners all the time, they are so easy and eliminate most of the mess and clean up. I love them especially at winter holidays when I put a turkey breast in the crockpot to cook - Wow - just lift out over the sink! So, I'm curious if I really need to use the strips of foil also since the liners are pretty strong. Comments? Suggestions? Thank you!"
"This is the only way I make meatloaf!"
"WOW!!! Very good and easy. The texture is better than the regular meatloaf that I make in the oven and the ingredients accent the taste. Mmmm...GOOD!!! (HINT) Foil strips are very important!"
"10 crushed saltines made a perfect 1/3 cup crushed saltines for me. The sauce has a great flavor and makes just the right amount to go with the meatloaf. I used all lean ground beef and then worried about it drying out but I kept the lid on the slow cooker and it stayed moist and the flavor was good. This is a great way to prepare meatloaf in the summer when you don't want to make your house any hotter."
"It was so easy to fix and it cooked in 3 houe prefect."
"Big hit with the family, have made it several times and love it!"
"We Love this meatloaf!!!! Sometimes I only make half since it is just my husband and I! Also I use yellow mustard instead of ground mustard because I always have it on hand! Enjoy!!!"