Meat Loaf for a Mob Recipe
Our small synagogue has two teams that alternate with churches of various denominations and civic organizations to provide meals at a homeless shelter. This tasty satisfying meat loaf is well liked there. -Niki Reese Eschen Santa Maria, California
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1. In a very large bowl, combine the eggs, V8 juice, onions, celery, bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well, Shape into four loaves; place each loaf in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°45 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread over loaves. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° Yield: 4 meat loaves.
1 slice: 332 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Meat Loaf for a Mob
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC