Meat Loaf for a Mob
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makes4 meat loaves
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine eggs, V8 juice, onions, celery, bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well,
- Shape into four loaves; place each loaf in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread over loaves. Bake 15 minutes longer until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 332 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 2, 2019
I have made this several times for large church dinners and for our Family Promise families (families in housing transition). It is always a hit with no leftovers. I cook the day ahead, cool, slice and then reheat in foil separated layers in a large electric roasting pan. Makes serving day simple.
Apr 21, 2011
This is my son Steven's favorite meatloaf recipe. He'd eat a whole loaf by himself for dinner and nibble on another for snacks. It's a huge hit for church potluck! I'll make it bake one loaf and freeze the rest of the loaves, unbaked, for future meals. Always yummy!!