Meat Loaf for a Mob
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
Makes4 meat loaves
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 4-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a very large bowl, combine eggs, V8 juice, onions, celery, bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well,
- Shape into four loaves; place each loaf in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread over loaves. Bake 15 minutes longer until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 332 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Apr 21, 2011
This is my son Steven's favorite meatloaf recipe. He'd eat a whole loaf by himself for dinner and nibble on another for snacks. It's a huge hit for church potluck! I'll make it bake one loaf and freeze the rest of the loaves, unbaked, for future meals. Always yummy!!