Meat Loaf Burritos Recipe
In New London, Texas, Lori Thompson deliciously disguises leftover meat loaf in these hearty burritos. They get plenty of flavor from cheese, salsa and other colorful toppings.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups crumbled cooked meat loaf (3 slices)
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and salsa, optional
- 1. Melt butter in a skillet; add half of the beans and mash with a fork. Stir in meat loaf and remaining beans; heat through.
- 2. Spoon about 1/2 cup meat loaf mixture onto each tortilla. Top with cheese if desired. Fold up bottom and sides over filling. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and salsa if desired. Yield: 6 burritos.
1 each: 251 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 meat.
Reviews for Meat Loaf Burritos
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC